Saving His Sparrows

Saving His Sparrows
Click the picture to see children who are waiting for a family.

Saturday, September 17, 2011

The next face I see...

When I was born...


There was no joy...


For my parents were told...
In words grave and cold...


He'll never get better....


He'll never walk...


She'll never learn...


He'll never talk...


This case is quite hopeless...


She's useless you see...


The child is broken...

Better give him away...


The baby house is the best place for children like this...


And when she gets older...
To the institution she'll go...



It's the only option...
We can't make him well.


He's not worth the trouble...
and heartache he'd be...


It would cost too much...


Love would never be enough...


To fix this poor child...
So give him away...


And get on with your life...
It's the only way -- just accept it.


And so with great grief they bid me farewell...


But the doomsayers were wrong!
Of this I am sure!


For I know I have feelings...
and thoughts to be sure...

And I think I could learn if I just had a chance...


I think I could talk...


and perhaps even walk...

If I had the therapy...
And encouragement I need...


I think I could read...
If you'd just teach me how...


And Oh my hear YEARNS...
For the love I have missed...


I may be slower...


Or broken in some way...


But I still have a heart...
and I still long for love...


And if only you'll love me...
and give me a chance...


I'm sure I'll surprise you...
With what I can do...


And fill you with joy...
and laughter...
and love...

Oh please, please consider...
My need and my plight...

And pray that my Mommy will find me tonight!


And if perchance...
My Mommy you are...


Please, oh please come quickly...
Before it's too late...


Until then I'll wait...
and hope every day...


That the next face I see...
will be yours!




This post is a part of the Forget Me Not Friday Linkup organized by Jane!
Please check it out here! And consider linking up a post of your own!

Forget Me Not Fridays







2 comments:

  1. beautiful!! so gorgeous and those children! boy i want things different!xx

    ReplyDelete