Saving His Sparrows

Saving His Sparrows
Click the picture to see children who are waiting for a family.

Friday, November 18, 2011

Adopted!

Have you ever been adopted?

I have!

(In an "unofficial" sort of way...)

My biological parents love me dearly and raised me...

So I have never been in need of a literal adoption...

I've lived many miles away from my parents for quite some time...

But my parents are only a phone call away...

And I'm a "grown-up" now...

But I've had the privilege to be "adopted" even so!

While I lived in California one of my coworkers took special interest in me...

She called me her adopted daughter...

(I'm am close to the same age as her own daughter.)

She invited me to eat with her many times after church...

We went walking together often...

She would give me advice if I needed it...

She cared...

It was hard to say goodbye when I moved to Michigan...

I found it a bit lonely after church...

Well...

Recently I met up with some friends from years ago...

They live in Michigan near to where I just moved...

We met up at church recently after more than 10 years...

(We had only had very minimal contact since we last saw each other.)

They invited me to lunch with them the next week...

Last weekend I was out walking and they happened to drive by...

They stopped and invited me into the car...

And told me they had decided to "adopt" me...

It is now "understood" that I am invited to eat with them EVERY week after church if I like...

Isn't that sweet!

While I don't need a "literal" adoption...

It's very nice to have "family" who care about me...

Family to spend time with...

While I am far from home!

I have been so blessed with both my biological family and dear friends along the way...

While "my" kids...

Have no family at all.


Emmitt - Almost 14 and no family yet :(


Victoria - 9th birthday next month with no family to share her special day :(

It's not fair is it?

While I've always had the blessing of a loving family...

They have no one.

While I am blessed with friendship...

They are lonely.

Don't you think it's time for them to be adopted?

They need more than a friendship adoption...

They need the "official" kind.

They've been alone so long...

I'm not in a position to adopt them myself...

So I've adopted them in a different way.

I've chosen to speak for them here...

In hopes that someone who IS able to adopt them...

Will see them...

And choose to give them the family they've never had...

The love they've been waiting for so long...

Will you consider my kids?

Is it even remotely possible that one of them could be yours?

If so please at least look into it!

You can click on their pictures to read more about them!

Click here to find out the adoption requirements and see if you qualify!

Even if you are unable to adopt them...

Maybe you could spare at least a small donation?

(Donations can be made to their individual grant funds by clicking the link under their picture.)

Even small donations help their grant fund grow to help another family afford to adopt them!

Can you pray for them?

Prayer is one of the best ways to help...

And it's free!



Even if you can't adopt "officially" at this time...

You can choose a child to speak for!

There are many MANY children waiting!

Click here to choose a child to advocate for today!

Your voice counts!

You CAN make a difference in the life of a child!

God will bless your efforts -- they are HIS kids too!



Before closing...

I want to share good news with you!

Genesis is on the My Family Found Me page again!

Not only that!

She's also on the New Commitments page!

Here is her family's Reece's Rainow page!

One of her new brothers was born blind, but was blessed with a corneal implant...

Another (who is also ADOPTED!) is blind in one eye...

Her family are already prepared for her special need and she will have an extra special bond with her siblings!

You can read her family's blog here and follow Genesis' journey home!

Genesis has been chosen!

Chosen to be a special part of a real family...

A family who are choosing to make HER their very own!

Will my Emmitt and Victoria be next?



This post is a part of the Forget Me Not Friday Linkup organized by Jane!
Please check it out here! And consider linking up a post of your own!

Forget Me Not Fridays


No comments:

Post a Comment